General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Family Services


The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps income-eligible households pay their energy bill or heating fuel provider.  Eligible homeowners or renters may qualify to have specific payment amount credited to their electric utility account or receive financial assistance in obtaining firewood, propane, pellets or heating oil. In addition to the credit on their utility bill, eligible households will receive valuable information about energy conservation and practical tips on how to save money on energy costs.

Priority is given to the elderly, disabled and families with children under age 5. Eligible El Dorado and Alpine County residents may apply for this program.

HEAP Program Status:  

2019 HEAP Program:  Open
2020 HEAP Program:  Check back in October 2019

Important HEAP Information:

--  Applications for HEAP are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To make an appointment, please call 530-621-6150. Tahoe Basin Residents, please contact 530-573-3490 for program updates.

-- Applicants must meet MINIMUM POINT THRESHOLD eligibility under the El Dorado County Health and Human Services Priority Plan. Applicants must provide proof and documentation of any of the following in the home: Child under 5 years, Disabled or Senior over 60 years or older.

-- You must provide copies of all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Required Document List

HEAP Income Guidelines:  

2019 Income Guidelines


Download a HEAP Application:

HEAP Application:    Electricity/WPO Application     /    Español   
Lake Tahoe and Alpine County residents only:    Natural Gas/Electricity Application  
Weatherization Application


HEAP and Weatherization Office Locations:

Placerville Senior Center - 937 Spring Street, Placerville    (530) 621-6150

South Lake Tahoe Office - 1360 Johnson Blvd., Suite 103,  South Lake Tahoe   (530) 573-3490

Off-Site Intake Locations - Click here
To better serve our households in rural communities, please visit us at one of our Off-Site locations. No appointment necessary at Off-Site locations. Households are seen on a first-come, first serve basis. During inclement weather, please call the HEAP office before going to location.


Energy Savings Tips and Upcoming Workshops:

Coming Soon

For More Information:  

Energy Assistance Programs Brochure or call (530) 621-6150.


Contact Us
Email us at

Related Links:
Weatherization Program 


Complaints of possible fraud, waste and abuse can be reported to the HHS Inspector Generals Hotline at 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477) or DOE Inspector Generals Hotline at 1-800-541-1625.