General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Environmental Health


Environmental Health Division regulates and permits winery tasting rooms if they serve potentially hazardous foods or food that requires extensive preparation.

Image of winery grapes

GrapesWhen Do I Need to Get a Permit?
GrapesWine Tasting Guidelines
GrapesWinery Permit Application
GrapesWinery Temporary Event Notice

GrapesTemporary Food Facility Permit 

Grapes Food Handler Certification - State Law requires all food facilities serving open potentially hazardous foods to have at least one person who has successfully passed a State-accredited examination about food safety. The certification is valid for a maximum of three years. For the convenience of the local community, this office offers an approved examination.

GrapesVeteran Affidavit for Fee Exemption