General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Environmental Health

Annual Water Quality Report

"Consumer Confidence Report"

Every Community and Non-Transient / Non-Community public water system is required to distribute an annual public information report on the water quality of all sources providing water to each customer.

The citizens of California have made it clear their desire to be kept informed on drinking water. The California Legislature responded by passing laws to establish the public's right to know and the responsibility of water companies to provide accurate information to the public. Water companies should view the required reporting requirement as an opportunity to communicate with their consumers. The 1996 amendments to the federal Safe Drinking Water Act require some changes/modifications to the existing California regulations.

To be in compliance with both federal and state reporting requirements:

  1. The annual water quality report shall be distributed no later than July 1, and cover the previous calendar year water quality.
  2. For any detected chemical contaminant, include the respective PHG (public health goal) adopted as of December 1997, along with the PHG definition.
  3. In the case of a detected chemical contaminant for which there is no PHG, include the federal MCLG (maximum contaminant level goal) which should be defined using the federal CCR (California Code of Regulations) definition.
  4. Include the definitions for MCL (maximum contaminant level) and primary drinking water standard.

The annual water quality report shall provide, as a minimum, specific information on concentrations of microbiological contaminants, minerals, physical agents, inorganic chemicals, organic chemicals, and radioactivity which are present in the water supply over the past year. Non-Transient / Non-Community (schools) water systems shall be subject to the reporting only to the extent that such systems are subject to monitoring.

For the most current guidelines and templates to assist you in completing the form, click on the link below:
State Water Resources Control Board -- Division of Drinking Water


If you have any questions, you may contact Environmental Health in the Placerville office (530) 621-6665 or South Lake Tahoe office (530) 573-3450.