General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Family Services


R.png We want to hear from you. Please take a moment to fillout a HEAP Customer Satisfaction Survey:

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps income-eligible households pay their energy bill or heating fuel provider.  Eligible homeowners or renters may qualify to have a specific payment amount credited to their electric utility account or receive financial assistance in obtaining firewood, propane, pellets, or heating oil. In addition to the credit on their utility bill, eligible households will receive valuable information about energy conservation and practical tips on how to save money on energy costs.

Priority is given to the elderly, disabled, and families with children under age 5. Eligible El Dorado and Alpine County residents may apply for this program.

Program Status:  

2021 HEAP ARPA Program: OPEN 
2022 HEAP Program: OPEN

2023 HEAP Program: OPEN
2023 EHEAP Program: CLOSED-Check back in May 2023
LIHWAP Program:

Important HEAP Information:

--  Applications for HEAP are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To make an appointment, please call 530-621-6150. Tahoe Basin Residents, applications are accepted on a walk-in basis on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. For more information, please call (530) 621-6150.

-- Applicants must meet MINIMUM POINT THRESHOLD eligibility under the El Dorado County Health and Human Services Priority Plan. Applicants must provide proof and documentation of any of the following in the home: Child under 5 years, Disabled or Senior over 60 years or older.

-- You must provide copies of all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Required Document List.

-- If you are applying for Wood, Propane, Oil, or Pellets, you must use one of our authorized vendors from our WPO Vendor List.

HEAP Income Guidelines:  

Income Guidelines

Download a HEAP Application:

HEAP Application:    Electricity/WPO Application     
Aplicacion HEAP/Espanol:   Aplicacion HEAP/Espanol
Weatherization Application: 
   Weatherization Application


HEAP Application Forms (Misc):

Certification of Income and Expense Form -Zero Income
Self-Employment Worksheet
Client Education Confirmation of Receipt
Statement of Citizenship Form
Account Holder Authorization and Consent Form 

HEAP and Weatherization Office Locations:

Placerville Senior Center - 937 Spring Street, Placerville    (530) 621-6150

South Lake Tahoe Office - 1360 Johnson Blvd., Suite 103,  South Lake Tahoe   (530) 621-6150   *Office Hours are Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.  No appointment necessary, walk-ins are welcome.

Off-Site Intake Locations - Click here   
To better serve our households in rural communities, please visit us at one of our Off-Site locations. No appointment necessary at Off-Site locations. Households are seen on a first-come, first serve basis. During inclement weather, please call the HEAP office before going to location.

download.pngLow Income Household Water Assistance Program - 

The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) helps income-eligible households pay their water and wastewater bills. Applications for LIHWAP are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To make an appointment, please call 530-621-6150. Tahoe Basin Residents, applications are accepted on a walk-in basis on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. For more information, please call (530) 621-6150.    **LIHWAP is not able to assist households on a well. For more information, please call 530-621-6150.

LIHWAP Application 
Landlord Agreement Form   This form is required to be filled out by your landlord if your water is included in your rent 
                                Certification of Income and Expense Form -Zero Income

Energy Savings Resources and Upcoming Workshops:

Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Information

  • Check your home address to get details for current and future PSPS outages- Click Here
  • Find a local Community Resource Center nearest you that is open during a PSPS event. These centers offer handwashing stations, medical equipment charging, device charging, WI-FI, bottled water and snacks. Find a location near you
  • For information regarding what tools and resources are available for Californians who have been impacted by wildfires and utility-directed power shutoffs- Click Here
  • Download a copy of the Public Safety Power Shutoffs Resource Guide

For More Information:  

Energy Assistance Programs Brochure or call (530) 621-6150.


Contact Us
Email us at

Related Links:
Weatherization Program 


Complaints of possible fraud, waste and abuse can be reported to the HHS Inspector Generals Hotline at 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477) or DOE Inspector Generals Hotline at 1-800-541-1625.