General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Housing, Community and Economic Development Programs


The Department may apply for a grant from the Department of Housing and Community Development through a competitive funding process on behalf of a community for a grant to help build a community facility where an unmet need has been identified. Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds may be used to provide public services including labor, supplies, materials, and other costs. Facilities that have been successfully completed through this program include:

  • Pioneer Park Community Facility

  • Greenwood Community Facility

  • Placerville Food Kitchen

For more information about this program call (530) 621-5747.