There is a
Special Election on August 27, 2019 for the El Dorado County Fire Protection District. All currently registered voters in the District are eligible to participate. Below is a short list of the key dates for this election:
· July 29 : Vote by Mail Ballots and Voter Guides start being mailed to all voters.
· August 12: Deadline to register to vote.
· August 20: Deadline to request a vote by mail ballot be mailed to you.
· August 12 - August 27: Conditional Voter Registration (in-person at the Elections Office in Placerville)
· August 27, 2019: ELECTION DAY - make sure you've mailed your ballot already, or return it to the Elections Office in Placerville!
If you are not sure if you are currently registered and eligible to vote, please contact the El Dorado County Elections Department at 530-621-7480 or online at: https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/.
New Press Release - 5/30/2019 - One Percent Audit and Election Night Pickup Centers
Am I Registered to Vote/What's My Ballot Status?
Our department is responsible for conducting all federal, state, county, city, school, and special district elections. Our office is also responsible for the processing of initiative, referenda, recall and candidate nomination petitions; precinct and district boundary maintenance and locating polling places that are accessible to all voters. We also are the department that processes and maintains candidate filings, such as campaign disclosure and statements of economic interests.
We urge you to register to vote if you are not currently registered, to re-register if you have recently moved or wish to become a vote by mail voter. For your convenience you can now register to vote
Your Ballot, Your Vote, It Counts!!!
If you have questions about the Elections process, please email the Elections Department at
8am-12, 1pm-5pm drop box: 3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd #108 (Recorder Clerk's office) South Lake Tahoe CA 95667.
On election day, any polling place in the county, and the above locations, 7am-8pm.