General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Recorder Clerk

Credit FAQs

Question - There are errors on my credit report involving liens that should not be there. Can you take it off my credit report?

We do not report to credit agencies, nor can we intervene on the behalf of an individual disputing their credit profile. Documents recorded in our office are public record and are available for search by any interested parties, including credit-reporting agencies. You may dispute errors in your credit record with the credit bureau that is reporting them.

Contact the bureau involved to initiate the dispute process.
The phone numbers for the three largest bureaus are:

Experian (800) 392-1122

Equifax (800) 685-1111

Trans Union (800) 851-2674