Image of a father and son


Every child has a right to emotional and financial support from both parents. Under California law, anyone who becomes a parent automatically assumes the financial responsibility of providing for his/her child. Single mothers and fathers continually struggle with the serious and complicated challenge of raising their children. In many cases custodial and noncustodial parents work together to support their children emotionally and financially; however, some do not.

Anyone living in El Dorado County, who has a child support and/or medical support order or wants to establish one, can apply for child support enforcement services by completing an application form. The application forms are available by clicking the link below. Or, you can submit an Application using the Virtual Interactive OnLine Application (VIOLA) for Child Support Services. VIOLA is quick, easy and secure.

Customer Service Survey


The ombudsperson is an individual who is available to help you resolve issues with your child support case, explain your rights and responsibilities, and tell you the ways you can get child support services. The ombudsperson can also help resolve customer inquiries or disputes related to child support services. If you need assistance or you have a complaint that you have been unable to resolve with your caseworker, you may contact the ombudsperson at (530) 642-7172 or by email at

Now accepting payments through Image of the MoneyGram logo and Image of the PayNearMe logo!

Please click here for more payment options.


State Child Support Self Service Click here to use VIOLA to apply for Child Support Services
State Disbursement Unit (SDU)

The Child Support Enforcement Program, authorized under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, provides services to assist parents in collecting child support and in securing health insurance coverage for their children.