Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) from MHN is designed to help with short term counseling needs. It offers quick and easy access to confidential, professional assistance and resources to help employees address difficulties related to emotional concerns, relationships, substance abuse, legal and financial concerns.
If it is determined that you need or your family members need more than the 5 face-to-face sessions that you are eligible for, the EAP will help coordinate your needs under your medical plan. All services are confidential and in accordance with professional ethics and federal and state laws. Use of the EAP is strictly voluntary.
When you need a helping hand, a skilled professional can provide focus, direction and support. MHN can help you identify and resolve issues involving:
- Marriage and relationships
- Family conflict
- Stress, anxiety and emotional distress
- Grief and depression
- Alcohol or drug dependency
- Life changes
Eligible members are entitled to:
- Face to face counseling - up to 5 sessions per incident per calendar year with an MHN network provider
- Telephonic consultations - for maximum convenience and anonymity (as many sessions as needed)
- Web-video consultations - convenient and easy, but with a more personal touch than traditional telephonic (as many sessions as needed)
WORK AND LIFE SERVICES
- Child and Eldercare Assistance – Help accessing available community and financial resources and referrals to pre-screened providers for childcare, eldercare and more. We’ll help identify needs and search our extensive directories to find the right care. You may also be entitled to help with adoption, parenting skills, child development, special needs, emergency care, relocation services and educational issues
- Financial Issues – Budgeting, credit and financial guidance (tax or investment advice, loans and bill payments not included).
- Federal Tax Assistance – Help with IRS audits and unfiled or past-due tax returns (not a tax representation or preparation service).
- Pre-Retirement Planning – Guidance for planning a quality retirement (does not include investment, tax or legal advice).
- Organizing Life’s Affairs – Help organizing records and vital documents and with arranging “final details” for a loved one.
- Concierge Services – Referrals for everyday errands, travel, event planning and more (does not cover the cost, nor guarantee delivery, of services).
- Legal Services – Telephonic or face-to-face legal consultations for issues relating to civil, consumer, personal and family law, financial matters, business law, real estate, criminal matters, the IRS and estate planning (excluding disputes or actions between members and their employer or MHN).
For assistance with your EAP benefits contact:
Risk Management Technician
MHN EAP services are accessible 24-hours a day for all locations Toll-free (800) 227-1060 or Online at members.mhn.com
(TDD callers should dial: (800) 327-0801)
CONTACT RISK MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR ACCESS CODE
Click here for a copy of the EAP Brochure