Updated: October 2016
The annual flu vaccine helps prevent the spread of influenza. If you are high risk for flu complications and think you have symptoms of flu, contact your health care provider right away to evaluate whether medications can help you. Get prevention tips and the latest information about flu from the California Department of Public Health.
For questions, call our clinic office:
- (530) 621-6100 in the Placerville Area or
- (530) 573-3155 in the South Lake Tahoe Area
About Flu Vaccine through El Dorado County Public Health
- Cost - $10 per vaccine; no one will be turned away who can't pay.
- Parents should bring child's immunization record.
- Must be six months of age or older to receive flu vaccine.
- People severely allergic to eggs or with certain medical conditions, should not receive the vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure whether you should receive the flu vaccine.