Kids and Dogs
Do you love dogs?
I'll bet you spend a lot of time thinking about what it would be like to have your own dog, right? If you really want a dog, then keep reading.
Start by reading the questions below:
- Am I responsible?
- Am I kind and generous?
- Am I gentle with people and animals?
- Do I have extra time to spend with a dog?
Now, answer these questions on a piece of paper. Don't just write yes or no. Write down examples of things you have done. The questions below will help you:
- Write down 3 times that you have demonstrated responsibility in the past week and explain them.
- Write about 2 times that you have been kind and generous to people.
- Write about a time when you took care of a dog and what you did. Figure out how much extra time you have to share with a dog every day
Think about what you have written:
- Will you be a good dog owner?
- Will you treat your dog humanely?
- See our page about being humane!
Ask yourself this question: Does EVERYONE in your house want a dog?
There are many THINGS TO BE AWARE OF before you decide to get a dog. Before you promise a home to a dog that will depend on you for the rest of his/her life, check out the information listed with each of the links below!