Compromise of Arrears Program
If you owe child support arrears to the state, you may qualify for the Compromise of Arrears Program. In order to be eligible for this program you must meet the following criteria:
- You must complete the necessary application forms.
- You do not have the ability to pay all the child support arrears and interest you owe within the next three years without a compromise.
- You have the ability to pay a reduced arrears amount, plus any support and arrears owed to the custodial party within three years.
- If you owe current child support, you must pay the current support.
- You have not been convicted, nor had a contempt finding for failure to pay child support in the last six months.
- You must owe the government at least $501.00 in child support arrears.
- You have not stopped paying child support in anticipation of this program.
- You do not conceal or misrepresent your income and/or assets.
- You have not had an agreement denied in the last year.
- You have not had an agreement rescinded in the last two years.
The Compromise of Arrears Program is a debt forgiveness program to assist parties who owe child support arrears assigned to the State of California. For the application forms and instructions to complete and apply for the forgiveness program, please click the following link:
You may call us at 1-866-901-3212 with your questions regarding the forgiveness program.
You can also reach a Child Support Professional using our Chat feature between the hours of 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday. To chat online with a representative , please click the Live Chat icon at the top of the left menu.
State Compromise of Arrears Program Information