1. Who are the Supervisors? Who is the Chair?
The El Dorado County Supervisors are:
District 1 - John Hidahl
District 2 - Shiva Frentzen (Chair)
District 3 - Brian K. Veerkamp
District 4 - Michael Ranalli
District 5 - Sue Novasel
2. How can I find out who my Supervisor is?
Supervisorial District Maps are located online and are available in the Board of Supervisor's office at 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667.
If you are unable to verify which district you are in, you may call the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors office at (530) 621-5654. By giving your address you will be informed as to which Supervisorial District you are in.
3. How do I contact or make an appointment with a County Supervisor?
Constituents wishing to speak to a Supervisor may contact them by phone, fax or email. They can fax information to (530) 622-3645. Supervisors can be reached by e-mail or called directly at:
District 1 - Supervisor John Hidahl
phone: (530) 621-5650
District 2 - Supervisor Shiva Frentzen
phone: (530) 621-5651
District 3 – Brian K. Veerkamp
phone: (530) 621-5652
District 4 - Supervisor Michael Ranalli
phone: (530) 621-6513
District 5 - Supervisor Sue Novasel
phone: (530) 621-6577
Information about each Supervisor and District is available on the Board of Supervisors website: www.edcgov.us/bos/
4. When do the Board of Supervisors meet?
In general, the Board meets most Tuesday's. Please view the Board Meeting Calendar for scheduled meeting dates.
5. How do I address the Board at a Meeting?
• You are able to address the Board of Supervisors in person on any matter listed on the agenda during the time that item is being heard or when the Chair announces other public comment portions.
• Consent items are approved with one motion, therefore, if the item you wish to comment on is on the Consent Calendar, you must state your comment when the Chair calls for Public Comment during the Adoption of Agenda and Approval of Consent Calendar portion of the meeting.
• Matters not on the agenda must be addressed to the Board during Open Forum. Public comments during Open Forum are limited to three (3) minutes per person. California law prohibits the Board from taking action on any matter which is not on the posted agenda unless it is determined to be an emergency by the Board of Supervisors.
Public comment on a given agenda item is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Public comment may be limited by the Chair or by majority vote of the Board.
At the time you speak:
• Step up to the podium and state your name for the record (Providing your name is voluntary).
• If you have written material to present to the Board, please provide six (6) copies to the Clerk.
• Keep your comments brief and in line with the agenda item under consideration.
6. When are Board of Supervisor’s meetings broadcast via internet streaming or Television?
View live streamed (day of meeting) and archived videos of the Board of Supervisors meetings by following this link. Videos of Board meetings are available on the internet 24/7.
Video tapes of regular, Tuesday Board of Supervisors meetings are broadcast on cable TV as follows:
West Slope: Comcast Channel 15
Wednesdays at 1:00 PM (day after Tuesday meeting)
Tuesdays at 7:00 AM (one week after previous Tuesday meeting)
7. How do I get a DVD of a Board Meeting?
Contact the office of the Clerk of the Board at (530) 621-5654. DVD's are available free of charge (please allow up to 5 business days for processing).
8. How do I get a copy of the Agenda?
The Agenda is posted on the Board of Supervisor's agenda website no less than 72 hours before each Board meeting to be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act). You can also obtain a copy of a meeting agenda by coming to the Board of Supervisors office located at 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667.
9. How can I get a copy of the Board of Supervisors Agenda on a regular basis?
See Email Subscription on the Board of Supervisor’s website at http://www.edcgov.us/bos/ for a free email notification of Agenda and Minute updates.
10. How do I apply for a position on Boards/Commissions?
The current list of all Boards and Commissions is located online.
An Application for Appointment is available online or can be obtained from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors office located at 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667 or by calling (530) 621-5654 and requesting an application be sent to you.
Current vacancies are listed on the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors "Notice of Vacancy" section on the website and at the county building at 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667.
11. How can I get a copy of a Resolution or an Item the Board approved?
You can go to Search Agenda Items to search Board Minutes from 2006 to the current date. If your request is for an item prior to 2006, you can contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors office at 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667, or call (530) 621-5654. There is a fee of $0.15 per page for copies. Items may be emailed, faxed or mailed per your preference and size of the item.