The Affordable Care Act
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a federal law passed in 2010. ACA is also known as Health Care Reform or Obamacare.
For the latest information about health insurance coverage through Covered California, visit www.coveredca.com. Or call Covered California at 1-888-975-1142.
Enroll in Medi-Cal year-round. Health insurance through Medi-Cal is available for those who qualify. You can enroll in Medi-Cal any time of the year. To apply, call the El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency at (530) 642-7300 or (530) 573-3200, or go to http://www.c4yourself.com/.
Enroll in CMSP year-round. The County Medical Services Program (CMSP) can give health coverage to adults who may not be able to get other publicly funded health programs. To apply, call the El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency at (530) 642-7300 or (530) 573-3200, or go to www.c4yourself.com.
If you just got a health insurance plan and need help understanding how to use your coverage:
- For Covered California, call 1-888-975-1142.
- For Medi-Cal, contact your Medi-Cal Managed Care health plan or Medi-Cal Office of the Ombudsman. Contact numbers are:
- Anthem Blue Cross - 1-800-407-4627
- California Health and Wellness - 1-877-658-0305
- Medi-Cal Office of the Ombudsman - 1-888-452-8609
- To change your Medi-Cal plan, call Health Care Options at 1-800-430-4263
- Need an advocate to help you get the care you need? Contact Free Legal Services of Northern California at 1-888-354-4474 or 1-916-551-2103
Businesses with questions about insurance for employees may contact Covered California. Covered California's Small Business Health Options (SHOP) program operates year-round for businesses with 50 or fewer employees. Visit www.coveredca.com/small-business/.
Foster Youth Can Keep Health Coverage Until Age 26
Barton Health - Info on ACA
El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency